Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Who are the people in your neighborhood?!?


ok - you hear the words - and if you are anywhere close to my age - middle aged bliss that is - you grew up on the beloved Sesame Street. I loved it - I looked forward to every new day of Big Bird, Ernie and Bert and of course THE COOKIE MONSTER!!!! I was thinking about that the day I created this little canvas. I had in mind a child whose parents might have grown up the same way as me and might want something a little funky to decorate their child's room with. I used digital images of vintage stamps and Israeli advertising posters that kinda answers that question...if you are in Israel that is...and your street is Rechov Ben Yehuda! This collage is created on an old hebrew language workbook pages with vibrant colorful images that just POP off the canvas!!